Best Blue Light Filter for Apple Macbook Laptops of 2019
No matter what device or monitor you use to go online, the issue of blue light from the screen damaging your eyes is a serious one. Let's find the best Blue Light Filter for Apple Macbook Laptops.
There are plenty of blue light filters for iPhone and iPad devices. However, sales of the Apple MacBook have been growing faster than other Apple products. Now there are millions of new users who need blue light protection.
Whether you are new to the MacBook or not, the best way to protect your eyes is to use a screen filter. In this review, we are going to assess the best blue light filter for Apple MacBook laptops and highlight our top choice.
Top 5 Blue Light Filter for Apple MacBook Laptops Comparison Chart
Best Blue Light Filter for Apple MacBook Laptops Reviews
1. Privatliv MacBook Air Screen Filter
The Privatliv MacBook Air Screen Filter is a great way to ensure that your eyes are protected from the harmful effects of blue light, and it also protects you from prying eyes as well. Obviously, prying eyes aren't a medical issue, but can certainly cause you a huge headache, especially if someone is able to see your personal details on the screen.
The way in which this filter protects you from prying eyes is it limits the angle of vision through which the screen can be seen depending on where the person looking at the screen is located. This means that anyone not sitting directly in front of the screen cannot clearly see what is on it. This starts at around a 30 degree angle on either side at which point anyone trying to glance at your screen will see nothing due to the filter.
Now that we have your privacy protected, let's turn to what is surely more important: your eyes. Staring at laptop screens for long periods can subject your eyes to issues caused by blue light and glare. This Privatliv filter can significantly reduce both in order to protect your eyes and enable you to use your MacBook for longer periods of time.
Fitting your protective screen to your MacBook could not be easier. It has magnetic backing around its edges, therefore all you need to do is remove it from its packaging, and then place onto your screen. One thing to make sure of when you do this is that you have lined it up correctly so that you can see your full screen, and the built-in webcam is not covered.
Keeping the filter clean is very easy, which is helped by the fact that it is resistant to finger marks, which would normally make your laptop screen grubby. If any marks do appear, then the handy microfiber cleaning cloth which is supplied with the filter can be used to clean it and remove those marks.
- PRIVACY FILTER DESIGN FOR MacBook Air 13 inch LED-backlit Retina Display with IPS technology 2011 through Early 2018Models. PrivatLiv MAGNETIC Privacy Screen Innovative anti peep privacy screen offers 8 layers of film to ensure privacy and visual protection. Be confident and comfortable in public and keep sensitive data secure.
- OPTIMIZED PRIVACY SECURITY privacy screen for MacAir 13.3 inch screen. KEEP VISUAL HACKERS AWAY: Highly reliable MAGNETIC PRIVACY SCREEN protector keeps SENSITIVE DATA AND INFORMATION SAFE when in public places and workplaces. Prevents "SHOULDER SURFING" and "VISUAL HACKING".
- MAGNETIC PRIVACY SCREEN BLUE LIGHT technology and UV protection for your MacBook Air 13 inch model. PrivatLiv screens not only provide privacy but also protection from harmful UV Light and curbs blue light, protecting eyes from long-term effects of screen exposure. Removable Privacy Screens also keeps your screen safe from dust and scratches.
- MacBook Air 13.3 inch MAGNETIC PRIVACY SCREEN CONVENIENTLY COMES ON AND OFF: Easy to apply and removable privacy screen guard. It can be removed multiple times without the messy inconvenience of 3M double sided tape. For your convenience, we have provided six barely-visible silicone glue strips if the bottom of the screen starts to lift.
- EASY TO CLEAN WITHOUT COMPROMISING the CLARITY of your retina display screen allowing you to keep your screen free of fingerprints, dust, and scratches. 90-day satisfaction guaranteed. Please Note: When the Magnetic Screen is on, there will be a MINOR GAP (about 1/16 of an inch) not allowing the computer to fully close. This is due to the magnet and does not affect functionality.
2. Kaempfer Ultra Slim Magnetic Blue Light Screen Protector
When it comes to blue light filters for laptops and the Apple MacBook, there are few which are any thinner than this one from Kaempfer. However, the fact that it is so thin does not mean that it has any less ability to filter out blue light, as you are about to find out.
If you are still wondering "What does blue light do to your eyes?" then you need to know that it can go from simply making your eyes feel tired, to more serious issues such as retina damage. The good news is, these can all be prevented using a quality filter like the one we are looking at here.
It prevents around 70% of the damaging blue light from getting to your eyes. If you think about that for a moment, it means if you were to be sitting in front of your MacBook for just 3 hours per day, over the course of a week the equivalent reduction in time that your eyes are being damaged by blue light is over 14 hours.
This filter doesn't just protect your eyes from blue light, it also reduces the amount of glare that they are subjected to. Glare can cause several eye problems, including cataracts, so anything that reduces that risk must be welcomed.
Now that we have your eyes protected, it is time to look at how the Kaempfer ultra slim magnetic screen protector can do likewise for anything on your screen that is private or confidential.
The Kaempfer screen protector reduces the chances of your information being compromised by creating a field of view that is only 30 degrees wide, so that nobody can peer from the side and see your data clearly. Of course, you still need to be vigilant, but this is a huge help in keeping your personal data private.
Last but not least is the simplicity of fitting it to your Apple MacBook. The filter has a magnetic backing, so it is just a case of lining it up and placing it on.
3. Sikkiy MacBook Air Privacy Screen Protector
With respect to protecting our eyes, it is not always necessary to know all the technical aspects of how blue light filters work, but it is more important to know that they protect you effectively. With the Sikkiy MacBook Air Privacy Screen Protector you have that protection in abundance, as it not only filters out standard blue light but also limits the ultraviolet light, which can be just as damaging.
For dealing with blue light and the issues it causes in relation to eye strain and sleep deprivation, this MacBook filter gives an excellent level of protection. It is designed to reduce blue light from the screen by at least 70%. When we consider its effectiveness in relation to ultraviolet light the figure is even greater at a staggering 97%. Just consider the difference in the health of your eyes that these reductions are going to make, especially when you consider that it can also reduce glare.
As well as protecting your eyes from what the screen might do in terms of light emissions, it does so in the opposite direction by protecting your MacBook screen from what you might do. We are talking about finger marks or in the worst cases scratches which might occur. It prevents dust from penetrating the screen, too.
We hear a lot today about protecting one's data and privacy, and the Sikky filter plays its part in protecting yours. It makes things very difficult for anyone trying to peer at your screen from the sides, and certainly makes it almost impossible for them to see clearly what is being displayed.
- Compatible Model(s): Macbook Air 13'', aslo called 13.3'' (Note: Not fit MacBook Pro 13'').
- KEEP INFORMATION PRIVACY: Effective "black out" privacy from side views outside the 60-degree viewing angle. Designed for optical clarity when viewing from the front, a person not at the front of the screen can only see the dark side of the screen, so it protects buisness secrets and personal privacy.
- EYE & SCREEN PROTECTION: Privacy screen for laptops not only provides privacy but also protects your eyes by filtering out 97% UV and curbing blue light by 70%, which can otherwise have an adverse impact on your eyes. Our laptop privacy screen also helps keep your screen safe from dust and scratches.
- Great for maintaining screen privacy in high traffic areas such as open work spaces, airports, airplanes, commuter trains, coffee shops and other public places, etc.
- WHY CHOOSE OUR PRIVACY FILTER - We produce it from Premium Korean (LG) materials. The privacy effect more dark privacy filter and the front side more clarity than normal filter. NOTE: According to the privacy filter manufacturing protocol, during the different environment, please adjust the screen brightness to get better performance.
4. Forito MacBook Pro 15" Privacy Screen Protector
If you have an Apple MacBook Pro from 2016, 2017, or 2018, and are looking for a screen protector that can protect both your privacy and your eyes, then the Forito MacBook Pro 15" Privacy Screen Protector is a product you must consider. It has excellent filtering technology designed to protect your eyes and does a great job of limiting the field of view from prying eyes.
With regards to protecting your privacy, we are looking at scenarios in which people who sit or stand adjacent to you can see your screen without much effort. 99% of the time there will likely be nothing that could be of any use to them, but why take the risk?
The sensible and easy solution is to use a filter, such as this one from Forito. It reduces the viewing angle at which the screen can be seen from down to 30 degrees on each side, so that anyone outside that angle sees just a black screen. This is obviously not infallible, but it is certainly a lot safer and more secure than not having any privacy whatsoever.
Your eyes are protected by the Forito screen protector, thanks to its filtering technology, which reduces the amount of blue light your eyes are subjected to. Specifically, it reduces UV light by 97% and blue light by 70%, so the dangers of cataracts, myopia, and sleep deprivation are greatly diminished, even if you are prone to spending long periods of time using your MacBook.
What doesn't take a long time is the act of fitting this filter to your laptop screen. It can be done in a couple of minutes, and there are two different methods which the manufacturer's instructions will take you through. Once it has been fitted you can keep it clear and clean using the cleaning cloth which is supplied with the screen protector.
- Specifically designed for 2016 2017 2018 released new MacBook pro 15 [Pleae refer to picture 6 to use]
- Block the surrounding visibility outside the 60-degree viewing angle of you, great for in public
- High transparency, filtering out 97% UV, blocking blue light 70%, anti glare, anti-scratch, compatible with touchscreen
- Fool-style installing, there are several installing ways to choose, refer to image 6 7
- Including: Glass protector x1, Gift Cleaning Cloth x1, Lifetime Risk-Free Replacement Warranty
5. Homy International MacBook Pro Screen Protector
MacBook Pro lovers will be pleased to know that this is another blue light filter which is compatible with 2016, 2017, and 2018 models. The difference with this product is that not only do you get the screen protector, it comes with a very useful and welcome gift too, but more on that later.
Let's first look at how well this screen filter helps protect your eyes from blue light and all the harm that it can cause your eyes. It is constructed with a series of transparent layers the properties of which can filter out the blue light, but at the same time give you a crystal-clear view of your screen. This is a win-win scenario because of the obvious protection for your eyes, but also means less need for you to screw up your eyes trying to see an image on the screen.
All decent screen filters for MacBooks provide a level of privacy, and this product is no different. As is the norm, it provides an angle of 30 degrees beyond which anyone trying to see your onscreen information cannot do so.
This filter is fitted to the MacBook screen using tiny adhesive spots which are placed around the frame of the screen and then stuck to the filter. The benefit of this is that it does not need to be removed every time you close your laptop, plus it helps keep dust from getting behind the screen.
No, we haven't forgotten about the free gift which comes with this screen protector, and we think it is great idea. If you are protecting the screen, you might as well protect the keyboard too, and you can as Homy will give you a free keyboard protector when you buy this product. It fits neatly over the keys of the MacBook Pro and helps keep them clean and free from any dust, grime, or dirt. It is even washable and reusable if it ever gets a bit grimy.
- WHY HOMY MacBook Pro Screen Protector? - It's a low cost protection for your laptop's display, which cost much more! We produce it with a collaboration of a new industry technologies from Premium Korean (LG) materials and quality assurance based on customers feedback!
- REDUCE NEGATIVE BLUE LIGHT which causes dry eyes and insomnia, relieve eye-strain by preventing visible reflections. And finally you've got an excellent surface smoothness for your Mac Book Pro display!
- FREE GIFT! Excellent Keyboard Cover made of ultra-thin 0.12 mm clear TPU case with minimum type interference. Aligns perfectly, reduce keystroke noise and protects from any small particles. Completely washable and reusable (Regular price $14.99).
- TWO SURFACE IN A BOX: MATTE / GLARE. Choose one which you prefer for your A1706 or A1708 model: anti glare screen protector or ultra clear?
- Products Greatly fits for your New MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 2016/2017/2018. Buy with confidence our protective accessories!
This was one of the more difficult sets of products from which we had to select an outright winner, simply because every one of them offered great features and provided a very similar level of protection, both for privacy and for the user's eyes.
The other thing to bear in mind is that the products we looked at were compatible with either the MacBook Pro or the MacBook Air, and none of them would fit both.
So for the MacBook Air, we have gone with the Sikkiy MacBook Air Privacy Screen Protector which provided great filtering levels for blue light and UV light and was also very easy to fit. It is removable, too, which makes it more convenient to use. The fact that it is also 25% cheaper than the alternative, makes it even more desirable.
Amongst the MacBook Pro screen protectors, it was even more difficult to choose as they all had similar prices and features. Ultimately, we went for the Homy International MacBook Pro Screen Protector. It matched the others in terms of privacy and eye protection, and it was also easy to fit.
It had an obvious edge because it comes with an additional protector for your keyboard, meaning you can protect all parts of your MacBook.